error copying file folder "Not enough storage is available to process this command"
Hi Guys, we have a user who is trying to copy emails from his outlook to a folder on a shared drive on a server. When he tries to do this he gets this error:error copying file folder "Not enough storage is available to process this command"no one else in the company is getting this when doing the same thing to the same shared drive so i know it is not a problem with space on the server. I did manage to find a reg edit which seemed to solve the problem temporarly but has no come back the same as before.The PC is XP Pro and has plenty on memory free when he tries to do this and only has outlook running.Any ideas how we can fix this once and for all.Regards.
November 4th, 2009 1:26pm

Hi Chris,I would suggest you to run "chkdsk /f" on the XP client to exclude NTFS issue on the drive.In addtion, can you copy the file to other local partition or other network shares?If it works, you may let your administrator to check the problem share's NTFS and Share permission for your account access.Hope it helps.Best Regards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 5th, 2009 7:21am

Hi, thanks for the reply, i may try the check disk scan as i have checked the permissions on he remote drive and it is all fine. The last time we had this come up i did the reg edit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \LanmanServer \Parameters IRPStackSize DWORD 0x0000000f (15) as he did not have this key, when i added it and restarted it was all working fine, now has gone back to how it was before. Does this key need to be in there as it is not on my machine and i can copy over files fine. Thanks again. Chris.
November 6th, 2009 1:09pm

The irpStackSize setting is need on the SERVER not the workstations.Also, a setting of 15 is probably too Low for this setting. It sould be between 32-50.
November 6th, 2009 8:02pm

Hi guys thanks for the replies, i thought it was on the server to but if only one pc is effected by this error and all other workstations can copt files to the same location without problems, how can it be a server problem?Regards.Chris
November 7th, 2009 1:15am

Depending on the hardware configuration of the specific computer, the default value may not be large enough for the SRV service to properly administer shared folders on some of the physical drives.Taken from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225782Not sure about your "test" or experiences but it appears that the error may be drive/share dependent.Not sure that this really matters if the reg setting fixes your problem.
November 7th, 2009 1:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics